Castle Black

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle black clash of clans clan discussion.

+12
Silly Fat Kid
Phatkicker
Steviewood
Corpman1
Petro
Rockworld96
Richman8031
Shaker_8
Katdog
Jujitsuterry
sswm
Flank
16 posters

Joining the Nights Watch Alliance

Flank
    Flank

Joining the Nights Watch Alliance Empty Joining the Nights Watch Alliance

Post by Flank Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 am

As most of you know we had a couple of visitors from NW: Nightfort and they have extended an offer for us to join their alliance and become NW: Castle Black. Now i wanted to open this discussion to all members as it would affect us all. I would still remain leader of the clan and nothing as far as i know would really change. Please feel to ask any questions and voice any opinions. All input is much appreciated as we have developed into a tight nit group of friends and family. No decision will be made without having a good bit of input from all.
    sswm

Joining the Nights Watch Alliance Empty Re: Joining the Nights Watch Alliance

Post by sswm Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 am

In flank I trust

Sounds like nothing will change much within ourselves except for the name. We will just have greater resources to draw from, being a part of an alliance with other experienced clans within it
    Jujitsuterry
    Jujitsuterry

Post by Jujitsuterry Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 am

My gut says no,
    Reasons, we have made it to where we are by ourselves wth no other help, we have our own identity which could be possibly disturbed or upset. I feel like the Borg are trying to assimilate us. What are the real benefits a larger pool of resources doesnt matter to me. We area who we are, why cant they become part of CB? Ok I'm done for a little bit.
    Katdog
    Katdog

Post by Katdog Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 am

I think this is a great opportunity. We can be part of a larger alliance to learn and sociize with. We retain complete autonomy. If we dont like it, we can just leave. And i think it will ramp up our trophy pushes. People will compete for our top 7 in order to make the alliance wide push. The strategies we learn during the alliance push can benefit all when we go back to our home clans. I don't really see a downside...
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 pm

I agree with Kat think it would be good only negative is not chosing our own TR date. Our core is strong and loyal to this clan...I have no worries that we would lose anyone. The nightfort guys are a super strong clan and I think our clan is as strong or stronger than any other clan in the alliance.

Additionally, they can help us with recruiting and us them. when they are full they push guys our way when we are full we push them to them.

My only question is how do we divide recruits from trophy pushes? We always get our best recruits from trophy pushes, it will still behoove us to try and push for top 200 before we loose our top seven, or when they come back at the end of the push...we could hold out

I respect Terry's gut but don't see any risk. The worst that happens we say it's not working and recreate castle black sans the NW: tag. As long as the core sticks together we will always be a good clan and I don't see this alliance changing that

Shakers' 2 cents
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

And to answer to Juji: Our Idenity doesn't change we are Castle Black, and the fact that You, Flank, Kat, Terry, Tad, and Corp along with all the other old timers like phat and the JS bros have built such a clan that these guys respect and want us to be part of thier alliance...well that Says a lot.

As castle black we can try and try but we have trouble breaking top 200 now we have the ability to band together and become part of a top 100 clan alliance. Did we do it by ourselves no, but are we a big part of it? Yes we can be.... it depends on how much we put into it! we can still push for top 200 as a clan and I hope we do that's been a goal of ours forever.

Last edited by Shaker_8 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Futhermore they can't come here just like we can't just join them to many of us and I bet they won't leave thier brethren anymore than we would
    Flank
    Flank

Post by Flank Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

This is where i agree with Kat and Shake, sure we adopt the alliance tag of NW, but we still remain Castle Black. I retain leadership, elders remain elders and we are as Shake says still one of the strongest clans in the Alliance, we will still keep out forum. Nothing changes except our name and our TR dates but i feel this makes recruiting for us much easier and to be able to throw around that we have a Top 100 clan would be amazing. I dont see any downside or risk, if we get into it and dont like it then we get the hell out of there but this might be just what we need to reach that next level we have been trying to get to. Again this isnt just my decision so i will wait on more input. Keep it coming CB. One for all and all for one, we will not fall!
    Richman8031

Post by Richman8031 Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Alright.. Here's one old guys opinion. I've been here a long time and would like to think I contribute a little to this clan. I'm kinda with T on this although I do see where it would benefit and challenge our top players. Maybe I need more information on exactly how this is supposed to work. How do we join an alliance? How does it all work. I think if we aren't careful this may run some of our lower players off. The ones we are friends with and help develop. If the lower guys and some of us olders guys that aren't as good are holding our clan back then maybe we just need to know so we can move on. I will do what ever is decided but chemistry is a very delicate thing. Once it's gone it's hard to recover.
    Katdog
    Katdog

Post by Katdog Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:42 pm

As i understand it rich, the only thing that our members would be required to do is join our newly named clan. Flank will still be our leader and elders will stay the same. Every three seasons whoever the top 7 cup leaders are from our clan trophy push will join with the top from the other alliance clans for two days to see how high they can get globally.

I dont think this will run off our lower members as they won't be required to do anything different than normal. I agree with you about chemistry being very delicate and hard to restore though, so if you have some reasons you think chemistry might be affected please let us all know.
    Richman8031

Post by Richman8031 Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 pm

I really don't knoe how to articulate this... This would be like an all star team.. I get that.. And for those that make the Allstate team it will be great. I'm afraid our top guys will lose focus on our clan and drift into trying to be on this allstar team. I think it will make our clan more selfish with some feeling left out. Like I said I'll go along with the group and try to help anyway possible. Just would hate to see this clan get infected by the selfish bug.
    Flank
    Flank

Post by Flank Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 pm

The nice thing about the top 7 players going to the "all star" team is that, the alliance clan is only for 2 days then it disperses as all go back to their clans, not to say I will be in the top 7 of our clan but I know for damn sure i would not turn my back on you motley crew of rag tags and degenerates!!!
    Jujitsuterry
    Jujitsuterry

Post by Jujitsuterry Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Well put rich! Its all about the chemistry, i to will go along with whatever the clans decision is. We have all been in here a while when any of us could have EASILY found another clan, we have stayed for the chem. not trying to be the. Odd man out just shedding a light on a different side. We are only as strong as our weakest link.
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:27 pm

I guess this comes back to the getting more compettive thing agian.....And I understand that....that's why I think this will be a good thing...this way thoose who choose to push for the top seven get to be ultra compettive and those who just want to push to support castle black have fun in the team compettions get to do so as well.

Rockworld96
    Rockworld96

Post by Rockworld96 Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I think it sounds good being an alliance with NW, dont think we have nothing to lose, we will get help recruiting and we will stay strong. Domt think its too far away to make CB a L90+ clan, and we can keep those one below in a feeder
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:32 pm

On the changing the chemistry...thats always a worry but that depends on all of us....As long as the top guys don't make snide remarks or act to high and mighty should be no problem (and i dont think we tolerate that stuff) but it also means the guys who aren't ultra compettive don't hold it agiasnt the guys who are.

I understand our pushes can cuase a lot of angst and feeling of being pressured to play for some members but if you don't care about the top seven then your pushing for our clan, and alliance or not we are still a clan and to use a Tadism "are we not our brothers keepers". We push for the fun of it and that's not changing the team cup challenges are not changing just the length and time frequency of the pushes.
    Petro

Post by Petro Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:38 pm

So would the top 7 for our clan go to the "super clan" in the middle of our trophy run, or would this 2 day period be outside of our run? Just wouldn't want us to lose cups/status to recruit higher level members because we've lost our top 7 during a push. We need to continue to push strong as our own individual clan as well.

Otherwise, I don't see the drawback and like others have said, we can always bail if we think it is impacting the clan negatively.
    Katdog
    Katdog

Post by Katdog Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm

We would time it so that our cup run ends, then the two day alliance push starts so that it doesn't affect out clan run.
    Shaker_8
    Shaker_8

Post by Shaker_8 Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Petro wrote:So would the top 7 for our clan go to the "super clan" in the middle of our trophy run, or would this 2 day period be outside of our run?  Just wouldn't want us to lose cups/status to recruit higher level members because we've lost our top 7 during a push.  We need to continue to push strong as our own individual clan as well.

Otherwise, I don't see the drawback and like others have said, we can always bail if we think it is impacting the clan negatively.
    The last two days of the run top seven join super clan...

We can always have our guys hold on for those last two days when top seven come back. Get good recruits and maybe break 200 clan rank someday.
    Petro

Post by Petro Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:47 pm

lets do it guys, lets really do it!
    Corpman1
    Corpman1

Post by Corpman1 Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 pm

I'll stay with the clan either way but I don't see this helping us really. I doubt they send any good players over to us when they are full, prob boot inactive for them like we would. I guess talking strategy would be nice but how much of an impact will have? I don't know, to me it just looks like more planning before troph runs which with the draft we have plenty of.
    Steviewood

Joining the Nights Watch Alliance Empty Good idea

Post by Steviewood Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:15 pm

I can't see a downside not that I'll be up in top 7 but would be good to see our top 7 pushing to the top of the alliance ladder some bragging rights and 2days won't make a difference to us...king 
    Flank
    Flank

Post by Flank Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Well thus far it seems we are pretty much split down the middle. I can see both sides, in my most humble opinion I see this as a chance to be part of something more!
    Phatkicker

Post by Phatkicker Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Im split myself could make us better but people might jump but flank is right we are tight
    Phatkicker

Post by Phatkicker Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 pm

I do like us being us though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 pm